Waikato After Hours Veterinary Hospital
Monitoring Packages Available
Clinic Care Package 1
• This is designed for patients that have been stabilised.
• There will be an initial and final clinical assessment done by the Vet.
• Nursing care includes intravenous fluid therapy monitoring, administration of medications, feeding as required, urinary catheter flushing, 4 hourly TPR checks and pain assessment.
Your patient can be admitted under our Critical Care 1 Package if you answer yes to the following questions:
1. Is there an IV in place?
2. Do you consider it unlikely that the patient will need Vet intervention overnight?
3. Is the patient stable on maintenance or rehydration fluid rates?
4. Have you provided all medications/fluids necessary for your patient overnight?
*If you answered no to question number one or four IV in place or providing medications or fluids, your patient can still be admitted under this package, but there will be additional costs if an IV catheter or fluids are required, and for any medications administered.
Clinic Care Package 2
• This is designed for unstable patients who require ongoing veterinary assessment of their clinical status and treatment/fluid plan. Veterinary intervention may be required in response to a changing clinical status.
• Treatment included: as for CC1 plus blood BP monitoring and ECG as indicated.
• Any further intervention would be at an additional cost eg. repeat bloodwork, imaging, oxygen therapy, intensive care, transfusions, anaesthesia, enemas, catheterisation, extra medications etc. These potential extra costs will be discussed with the owner upon admission.
We will endeavour to follow your requested treatment plan, but unforeseen changes in the clinical status of the patient can occur with any case. We will communicate with the owner if we feel we need to increase the level of care, or additional Vet intervention is required during your patients stay.
Please advise your clients that the monitoring package fee will be required as their deposit at the time of drop off to our clinic. Any additional charges will be finalised upon discharge with the owner.